Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xvision Tdvr4 Software
The Fire And Security Installer Community > Public Forums > CCTV
magicboxco
Does anyone know where I can get the PC software for the Xvision TDVR4 which enables you to monitor the box over Ethernet?

I brought one from CPC assuming it would come with this software but they assure me that it does not come with the software even though the xvision catalogue I have seen states that it does.

Many thanks for any assistance anyone can give.
Mendax
It is supposed to be provided with the unit.
The TDVR range is fitted with a 10/100MB network socket which allows it to be accessed by a Windows PC (running the free Remote Viewer software supplied) over a network or internet connection. This then allows the Windows PC to view the cameras live, record them and play back recordings. The TDVR supports single user duplex remote access, this means that only one remote user at a time can log in to the TDVR and that whilst they are logged in they can select and view cameras, record them and playback recordings without interrupting the functions of the DVR locally. If you require multi user access then please see the X-vision WDVR & XDVR2 Professional DVR ranges..
I'd call then back insisting on a copy.

http://www.x-vision.us/TDVR4%20Exp2.html
Mr Happy
QUOTE (magicboxco @ Nov 25 2006, 07:26 AM) *
Does anyone know where I can get the PC software for the Xvision TDVR4 which enables you to monitor the box over Ethernet?

hmm.gif email xvision for it??
magicboxco
QUOTE (Mr Happy @ Nov 25 2006, 12:14 PM) *
hmm.gif email xvision for it??

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried contacting xvision by emails to their .co.uk domain bounce back and they do not list a phone number on their web site.

I shall be containing the supplier quoting the catalague and we'll see what they have to say.

zcheerswine.gif
PeterR
QUOTE (magicboxco @ Nov 26 2006, 09:44 PM) *
Thanks for the feedback. I've tried contacting xvision by emails to their .co.uk domain bounce back and they do not list a phone number on their web site.

I shall be containing the supplier quoting the catalague and we'll see what they have to say.

zcheerswine.gif

Hi

I just PM'd you a link to the software.

Best regards

Peter
Tennant
Did anyone manage to find a source for this software (I also bought my X-Vision DVR from CPC and don't have a copy) as I can't find it available to download anywhere and the 'Support' tab on the X-Vision website doesn't work.

Tennant
luggsey
I asked about X-vision recently as well, got nowhere with it, have they gone bust?
PeterR
QUOTE (luggsey @ May 20 2007, 11:17 PM) *
I asked about X-vision recently as well, got nowhere with it, have they gone bust?

Hi All,

NO NOT BUST, just a website that needs updating (sorry about the links that did not work for you)

The software for the TDVR range can be downloaded from:

For the TDVR4: Click here

For the TDVR8/16: Click here

Quick Guides/Help Sheets:

Remote Viewing: Click here

DDNS Guide: Click here

Net Viewer: Click here

Any problems with the above please PM your address and I will post you a CD with it on, as it should have had one with it. ONE THING TO NOTE, IF YOU HAVE AN X4,X8 or X16DVR from CPC then you do not require software, as the remote software is automatically downloaded when you access the DVR via Internet Explorer.

Best regards

Peter
luggsey
QUOTE (PeterR @ May 21 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Hi All,

NO NOT BUST, just a website that needs updating (sorry about the links that did not work for you)

The software for the TDVR range can be downloaded from:

For the TDVR4: Click here

For the TDVR8/16: Click here

Quick Guides/Help Sheets:

Remote Viewing: Click here

DDNS Guide: Click here

Net Viewer: Click here

Any problems with the above please PM your address and I will post you a CD with it on, as it should have had one with it. ONE THING TO NOTE, IF YOU HAVE AN X4,X8 or X16DVR from CPC then you do not require software, as the remote software is automatically downloaded when you access the DVR via Internet Explorer.

Best regards

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter, is there any tech support by phone/email then?
I just installed three of the 500TVL day night 20m bullets but did not go for the DVR as I couldnt call tech to check the service availible......
luggsey
QUOTE (luggsey @ May 21 2007, 10:42 PM) *
Thanks for the info Peter, is there any tech support by phone/email then?
I just installed three of the 500TVL day night 20m bullets but did not go for the DVR as I couldnt call tech to check the service availible......

You still about Peter?
PeterR
QUOTE (luggsey @ May 22 2007, 09:04 PM) *
You still about Peter?

Hi,

Sorry I am at Ifsec this week so not checking the forum as regular as normal.

You can call Y3K Main number for Xvision support on 0845 365 3000, any problems let me know. For email enquiries use sales@y3k.com

Best regards

Peter
luggsey
QUOTE (PeterR @ May 22 2007, 11:51 PM) *
Hi,

Sorry I am at Ifsec this week so not checking the forum as regular as normal.

You can call Y3K Main number for Xvision support on 0845 365 3000, any problems let me know. For email enquiries use sales@y3k.com

Best regards

Peter

Thank you!
jimbuoy
Would anyone be able to help me set up my x4 DVR so I can access it from home via the internet?

I had a look and a try with the links above but am not too good with the techie stuff.

I have a netgear router that handles my broadband connection.

Thanks in advance

Jim
PeterR
QUOTE (jimbuoy @ Feb 7 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Would anyone be able to help me set up my x4 DVR so I can access it from home via the internet?
I had a look and a try with the links above but am not too good with the techie stuff.

I have a netgear router that handles my broadband connection.
Thanks in advance
Jim

Hi Jim

PM me your details and I will ask Technical to call you.

Best regards

Peter
ryan666
Hi,

go to...... http://factory.y3k.com/ you must download ... WIN RAR.exe (needed to extract downloads) first. ones done then look for you DVR Software to download, you will need an upto date Adobe if you want download Instruction Manual

hope this will help!
Cubit
QUOTE (ryan666 @ Jun 19 2009, 10:11 AM) *
Hi,

go to...... http://factory.y3k.com/ you must download ... WIN RAR.exe (needed to extract downloads) first. ones done then look for you DVR Software to download, you will need an upto date Adobe if you want download Instruction Manual

hope this will help!

I would hope after 16 months he's got it resolved.
ryan666
QUOTE (Cubit @ Jun 19 2009, 09:45 AM) *
I would hope after 16 months he's got it resolved.

i put the message on forums just in case any one else needs to find the softwear becasue X-vision are no help at all and they have no phone number.

Yeah i do hope after 16 months he`s got it resolved
PeterR
QUOTE (ryan666 @ Jun 19 2009, 12:44 PM) *
i put the message on forums just in case any one else needs to find the softwear becasue X-vision are no help at all and they have no phone number.

Yeah i do hope after 16 months he`s got it resolved

Hi Ryan666

To contact Xvision you can send a message from the Xvision website, we will then provide you with a relevant contact number depending on:

1. The Nature of your Enquiry
2. Where you bought the equipment from
3. Which country you are located in.

Can you also expand on your comment "X-vision are no help at all" so if their is a genuine gripe I can find out what went wrong or how I can help to resolve it for you.

Best regards

Peter
brizee
mmmmmmmm what a combo, x vision and y3k, good luck
PeterR
QUOTE (brizee @ Jun 20 2009, 12:54 AM) *
mmmmmmmm what a combo, x vision and y3k, good luck

Hi Brian

No luck is required, just get in touch if you have any problems.

Thanks for the constructive comment though, though I am unsure of the point you were making, since you did not actually make one.

And yes I am suffering from a slight hangover this morning!

Best regards

Peter
ryan666
Hi, peter

my problem i am have with my TDVR8 is the CD that came with the DVR, ( netveiwer ) software is not the same as manual book and i dont no how to use it.

when i sent E-mail to X-vison they gave me Y3K and i phone them up and they only help you if you got dvr from them.

can i get the software or get manual book???
PeterR
QUOTE (ryan666 @ Jun 24 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Hi, peter

my problem i am have with my TDVR8 is the CD that came with the DVR, ( netveiwer ) software is not the same as manual book and i dont no how to use it.

when i sent E-mail to X-vison they gave me Y3K and i phone them up and they only help you if you got dvr from them.

can i get the software or get manual book???

Hi Ryan,

No probs, I spoke to Y3K for you, if you call them again and speak to their tech line they will now be able to help you.

Best Regards

Peter
Realist
Peter,

Is there any latest firmware I can download to update my Xvision DVR.

Also same question for the player software that the dvr adds to the recorded disc it burns with ezeburn.

Regards,

Brian
PeterR
QUOTE (Realist @ Oct 6 2009, 01:14 PM) *
Peter,

Is there any latest firmware I can download to update my Xvision DVR.

Also same question for the player software that the dvr adds to the recorded disc it burns with ezeburn.

Regards,

Brian

Hi

Can you send us your contact details (on the Xvision website) along with current firmware version and I will have someone from the UK distributor confirm this for you.

Best regards

Peter
Realist
I have just sent the details via the contact us Pater.

Regards,

Brian

QUOTE (PeterR @ Oct 13 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Hi

Can you send us your contact details (on the Xvision website) along with current firmware version and I will have someone from the UK distributor confirm this for you.

Best regards

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.