Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scantronic Ion-16 Installation
The Fire And Security Installer Community > Public Forums > DIY Alarm Installers
metso
Hello

I am installing a Scantronic Ion- 16 alarm system.
I have the following components
1 x control box
1 x wired key pad
4 x 714r-eur Pir's
1 x 760ES external Bell Box
2 x key fobs I-FB01

I have wired up the control box, Key Pad and detected all the PIR's and Bell Box.

upon leaving the installer manual on the Key Pad by pressing X a couple of times, I get the following fault register on the digital display
"Installer Exit Faults: Bell Tamper"

Naturally this leads me to think one of the tamper switches on the 760ES is at fault.
upon inspection of the Bell Box, there are two visible tamper switches, 1 on the back plate which is set by pressing against the wall and the second which triggers if the bell box cover is removed. I have the bell box next to me next to the key pad so I can diagnose the fault. I have the bell box closed and depressing the second tamper trigger, pressing the X button to leave the installer, the bell tamper fault still registers.

Eliminating the Bell Box from the problem, I deleted the external bell box device from the key pad and pressed the X button to leave the installer and still the bell tamper registers.

Could anyone with experience of installing this device be able to help me rectify this Bell Tamper fault.

Thank you for your help and for reading this post.

Metso...
Adi
link out wired bell tamper circuit or programme it out, if possible, not used an ion yet
RJBsec
QUOTE (Adi @ Sep 30 2009, 09:27 PM) *
link out wired bell tamper circuit or programme it out, if possible, not used an ion yet

Wireless bellbox.
Adi
I know mate, but dont they have the capacity for a wired one?
RJBsec
QUOTE (Adi @ Sep 30 2009, 09:34 PM) *
I know mate, but dont they have the capacity for a wired one?

I haven't used one either but you're right.
o/p link 0v to TR on the main board and it should clear the fault.
metso
QUOTE (RJBsec @ Sep 30 2009, 09:43 PM) *
I haven't used one either but you're right.
o/p link 0v to TR on the main board and it should clear the fault.

Thank you very much,
I connected the loop and yep, cleared the fault....

thank you

Metso
Alarm Protection
Depending on the bell make sure that the tamper is clicking into place when closing the lid. Some bellboxes springs need adjusted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.